Mobile Installation Technicians
The main purpose of this field-based position is to support the continued growth within the region. Install & maintain vehicle GPS/GSM tracking and ancillary electrical equipment to a wide range of 12/24v DC transport, carrying out electrical fault finding and planning installation schedules with customer site representatives.
Main job role and responsibilities:
- To install, service and maintenance of a range of vehicle tracking and communication devices to 12/24 volt vehicles of all descriptions
- To service work on said equipment
- To find electrical faults
- To plan and install schedules with customer site representatives
- To be readily available to assist colleagues
- To liaise and work with regional customer care team
- Any reporting required daily/weekly/monthly
- Any paper work required daily/weekly/monthly
- To participate in product training
Competencies, skills, knowledge and ability:
- Ideally a qualified Auto-Electrician or Mechanic (City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent) with electrical fault finding experience, from a vehicle security or manufacturers OE environment.
- Past experience with GSM/GPS equipment.
- Self-motivated and hard working
- High standard and quality of work
- Client facing
- Effective time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with customers and colleagues
- A qualified Auto-Electrician or Mechanic (City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent)
- A clean driving license
Standard hours: Variable daily as the job is mobile.
42.5 hours Monday to Friday (overtime thereafter) plus occasional Saturday (x 1.5) and Sunday (double time) overtime
Ctrack provide equal opportunities and are committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, disability, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, or age.